In the recent years taking out a mortgage for the first time has become more of a difficulty. With the slowdown of the economy, the rules have tightened and become more stringent. The lenders too have become more particular regarding to whom they are going to lend. So, it would be better for you to buy a newly built home or a park home as these can cost you less. If a home costs you less, you may also be able to do with a small mortgage amount. So, in such a situation getting the first time buyer mortgage won’t be a tough job for you.
First time buyer: Taking out a mortgage
The things that you would require to take out first time buyer mortgage are:
* High affordability – In order to take out a mortgage even if it is a first time buyer mortgage, it is important for you to have high affordability. This will mean that if you have high affordability, you will also be able to manage to make the timely mortgage payments. Lenders prefer people who have at least more than average or high affordability.
* High credit score – It is important for you to have a high credit score so that you can get a mortgage with low interest rate. Without a high credit score, you may not be able to get low interest mortgages.
* Clean credit report – In addition to high credit score, you should also have a clean credit report with no missed payments. When you apply for a mortgage, lenders pull your credit reports. If you have missed payments, lenders tend to believe that you are not a responsible borrower. Thus, your loan application may get rejected.
* Low debt to income ratio – In order to take out a mortgage, you are also required to have a low debt to income ratio. This too is checked by your lenders to decide if you are a responsible borrower.
Other than having these, in order to obtain a mortgage, you will be required to:
- Check out different offers – In order to take out a mortgage, may it be for the first time or second, it is important for you to check out the different offers by various lenders. You will have to compare and then decide which the best offer is for you.
- Use a mortgage calculator – In order to decide on the cost of a mortgage, you can use a mortgage calculator. This can help you in determining which mortgage you can afford to take out.
- Get pre-approved – It is good for you to get pre-approved for a mortgage as this can help you to obtain a loan easily enough.
So, these are the things that you will be required to do in order to take out a mortgage so as to buy a home for the first time.
CLICK HERE Now, Free FTB Consultation
For fantastic mortgage brokers check out our “The Prime” for highly recommended brokers.